CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

My time of reflection



I was hoping to sleep in today but some reason I always wake up early. I believe it's a blessing and a curse, but nevertheless, I am up and writing. It has been quite some time since I've sat down and wrote anything, mainly because I just don't have the time. This morning I am wrestling with myself, with the events of last night, and marveled by what God can do through our belief. Last night was by far one of the most amazing services I have ever been a part of. It was powerful, motivating, convicting, and most of all it glorified Christ in every fashion of the service. Our best friend Ryan, who is youth pastor in Whitehouse, hosted a back to school bash at their church to bring a community together and inspire youth to commit their lives to living like Jesus.
One story that really touched my heart was the story of Peyton. Our small group from church came to support the back to school bash and with them came a good friend of Joshua's. His name is Danny and he just became a Christian a few months ago but is so desperately passionate about Christ and making his name known. Yesterday morning was the first time that Peyton attended church and for whatever motive came last night. Peyton previously believed in NO God, but through the course of the band playing and Ryan speaking, God captivated Peyton's heart and he became a Christian. It was amazing. I don't believe that any other words can do it justice. God's power astounds me, and I am so utterly taken back by his faithfulness.

Lord, there is no one like You
among the gods,
and there are no works like Yours.
All the nations You have made
will come and bow down
before You, Lord
and will honor Your name.
For You are great and perform wonders;
You alone are God.
Teach me way, Lord,
and I will live by your truth.
GIVE ME AN UNDIVIDED MIND TO FEAR YOUR NAME
I WILL PRAISE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, LORD MY GOD.

0 comments: