CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Autumn air


My hands clasp the edge of my sleeves as I willingly take in the beginning moments of precious Autumn air. I can feel Fall approaching as the damp and tranquil breeze of today passes swiftly through my lungs. It's calm but more importantly it's silent. There's no noise to distract my thoughts. The birds, having a slight recess from their usual melodies, are no where to been found, but in some fashion my senses are awakened to the simplicity of the morning. I anticipate the change of weather and humbly praise our Creator for such workmanship. I sense myself eagerly seeking a new and vibrant season. I am aware that God is drawing me closer to him each and every day. Excitement swells within my heart; the opportunity to surrender my guard and stand vulnerable so that Christ's name may be known. Fear and insecurities. Two words that have controlled my life for many years and yet the insecurities that were once branded on my heart as truth are seemingly a distance memory. The perception that I once bought into about myself seemingly has no relevance. For the first time the past does not dictate and influenced my future. I realize my potential. I gaze inwardly and I am in awe of the freedom God has placed before my eyes.

3 comments:

Joshua Woodlief said...

This is amazing!!!! You are an amazing writer baby!

Anonymous said...

ok...wow. you have such an incredible gift for writing. wow. you are so descriptive in your wording...makes me think that i'm right there in the cool fall air. i love it!

hope you're having a good week! hope to see you soon!

m said...

God bless you! Thank you for writing! Truly a gift from the Lord and you are being a wonderful steward of that precious gift!