CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I think God is teaching our home patience.


It occurred to me at 3:30 this morning that "our home", my place of rest and solitude from the business of practically everything, is not longer that. From the moment that I have gotten to school I feel like my roommate and I have been trying desperately to find a way to have our other suite mate GONE. I know, I know it sounds harsh but what's a girl to do when she can't even sleep in peace because your suite mate blares her music at 3:30 AM (YES....AM), and talks so loud on her cell phone that we have to ask to stop or else. It's making us want to pull our hair out, and for any of you that know me I'm getting married in December, so I don't think that would be very appealing to Joshua. I sat up this morning around 6:30 instead of my 8:30 projected "get up time" and prayed about the situation. I wondered how Jesus would have handled such a stubborn person as herself... I'm trying as best as a I can to see the world through the lens of Jesus Christ and that means treating every situation as if he were here mediating. I know and believe that it must a sign that God is trying to teach us all something (Me, Katherine, and Amy), something that we will more than likely use in every season of our life...PATIENCE. An easy word to describe, but a harder word to live by. Or what if our suite mate doesn't have a clue about Jesus Christ? What if we as a group lived, acted, breathed, prayed, worshiped, and loved her like Jesus? Would our motives of eviction change? I'm not sure, but one thing I am confident about is this: God is bigger than this situation and he has the power to change anything. That is the truth I am trusting in, and it is my hope that my attitude will reflect our most merciful Lord, Jesus Christ. :)

For to God we are the fragrance of Christ
among those who are being saved and among those
who are perishing.
To some we are scent of death leading to death,
but to others, a scent of life leading to life.
1Corinthians 2: 15-16

0 comments: